Volunteer to help protect our beautiful beach birds!
Beach-nesting birds, such as terns and plovers, are struggling to survive in Florida, often because of the intense disturbance by recreational beachgoers. We are recruiting volunteers to assist with on-the-ground wildlife and habitat management in Florida.
What you need: A few hours to spend at the beach and a willingness to learn and share information about our nesting birds.
What we provide: Training and support to allow you to be effective and have fun while protecting wildlife.
- Locations where we work include rooftops and beaches throughout the Panhandle
Tampa Bay/Florida Coastal Islands Sanctuaries
- Locations where we work include beaches and rooftops in Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, and Sarasota counties
- Lee County beaches include Little Estero Island Critical Wildlife Area of Fort Myers Beach, North Captiva Island, and other areas.
- Collier County beaches include Big Marco Pass, Second Chance, and Caxambas Critical Wildlife Areas and other areas.
- Timucuan Shorebird Partnership beaches include Huguenot Memorial Park, Talbot Islands, Ft. Clinch, and others.
- St. Johns Flagler Shorebird Partnership beaches include Anastasia State Park, Julia’s Island, Ft. Matanzas, and others.
All stewarding is undertaken in cooperation with the Florida Shorebird Alliance.