Volunteer to help protect our beautiful beach birds!
Beach-nesting birds, such as terns and plovers, are struggling to survive in Florida, often because of the intense disturbance by recreational beachgoers. We are recruiting volunteers to assist with on-the-ground wildlife and habitat management in Florida.
What you need: A few hours to spend at the beach and a willingness to learn and share information about our nesting birds.
What we provide: Training and support to allow you to be effective and have fun while protecting wildlife.
- Locations where we work include rooftops and beaches throughout the Panhandle
Apply here for Northwest Florida/Panhandle
Tampa Bay/Florida Coastal Islands Sanctuaries
Apply here for Florida Coastal Islands Sanctuaries
- Locations where we work include beaches and rooftops in Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, and Sarasota counties
Apply here for West/Southwest Florida
- Lee County beaches include Little Estero Island Critical Wildlife Area of Fort Myers Beach, North Captiva Island, and other areas.
- Collier County beaches include Big Marco Pass, Second Chance, and Caxambas Critical Wildlife Areas and other areas.
Apply here for South/Southwest Florida
- Timucuan Shorebird Partnership beaches include Huguenot Memorial Park, Talbot Islands, Ft. Clinch, and others.
- St. Johns Flagler Shorebird Partnership beaches include Anastasia State Park, Julia’s Island, Ft. Matanzas, and others.
Apply here for Northeast Florida
All stewarding is undertaken in cooperation with the Florida Shorebird Alliance.