Audubon Assembly will be held in-person October 26-28 at the Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel. This year's theme is Conservation in a Changing Landscape - click here to register. A link on our registration page will take assembly participants to the hotel's special room reservation block.
With learning sessions, a keynote presentation, awards, and field trips to some of the birdiest hotspots in the region, Assembly is a great opportunity to network with Audubon members, staff, and volunteers across the state. Download the program here.
Keynote: A Conservation Photography Conversation
When does wildlife photography become conservation photography? The best nature photography doesn’t just capture the imagination—the images both educate the viewer and inspire action. Hear from three photographers leading the charge to use nature photography for conservation, harnessing the power of the lens to create change for birds and wildlife: Kirsten Hines, Gabby Salazar, and Preeti Desai. Click here to learn more.
Learning session topics:
- Creating Habitat in Unconventional Ways to Maximize Connections for Conservation Lands
- Perspectives from the Next Generation of Conservationists
- From Birding to Conservation: Bringing Birders into the Conservation Movement
Friday-morning field trips (Assembly event registration is required):
- Climb aboard a 72-foot catamaran to enjoy the natural beauty of Tampa Bay over a delicious, continental breakfast. We will be taking the boat to see a state-designated Critical Wildlife Area for water birds protected by Audubon since 1934. While there, we will likely see Reddish Egrets, Roseate Spoonbills, wintering shorebirds, multiple tern species, and you will get a first-hand look at Audubon’s innovative mile-long living shoreline, presenting an alternative to seawalls in a time of rising sea levels. This tour is SOLD OUT.
- Tampa Audubon will host a field trip to Lettuce Lakes Park, a gem of the Hillsborough County Conservation Parks system. Look for birds along the 1-mile boardwalk or the inland paved loop.